WeatherBrains Episode 928 is now online (October 30th, 2023). If you are crazy about weather, this is THE podcast for you!
Tonight’s show is the idea of friend of the podcast Jeremy Bower. Tonight’s Guest Panelist has appeared on several previous WeatherBrains episodes and is an accomplished photographer. He won 2nd place in the 2022 AMS Weatherband Photo Contest. He owns JRB Storm Photography and is employed by the Nebraska Department of Natural Resources. Jeremy Bower, welcome back.
Tonight’s Guest WeatherBrain is the Warning Coordination Meteorologist at the NWS Omaha since 1988. He worked directly under the legendary Dr. Ted Fujita as a graduate student at the University of Chicago. He’s celebrating his upcoming retirement at the end of this month. Brian Smith, welcome to WeatherBrains.
Our email officer Jen is continuing to handle the incoming messages from our listeners. Reach us here: email@example.com.
- Harry Volkman/Origin of broadcasting tornado warnings on television (15:00)
- Palm Sunday 1965 Crystal Lake tornado (20:30)
- April 21, 1967 Belvedere tornado (21:00)
- Meeting Dr. Fujita (24:30)
- The Fujita Scale (41:00)
- Fujita Scale “Unknown Category” (52:00)
- History of SKYWARN (01:06:30)
- Unique/unusual tornado damage (01:30:25)
- Fast-moving vs slow-moving tornado damage paths (01:34:30)
- Hurricane Otis and its rapid intensification (01:46:10)
- The Astronomy Outlook with Tony Rice (01:39:45)
- This Week in Tornado History With Jen (01:42:20)
- National Weather Round-Up (01:45:35)
- E-Mail Segment (01:43:50)
- and more!
Web Sites from Episode 928:
Picks of the Week:
Brian Smith – NOAA Damage Assessment Toolkit Viewer
Jeremy Bower – Ancient Air Theatre on YouTube
James Aydelott – Snickers QG Omega Equation photo on X
James Aydelott – Paraguay Tornado on X
Jen Narramore – 1974 Super Outbreak Project Promo
Troy Kimmel – NWS Service Change Notices
Kim Klockow-McClain – Foghorn
James Spann – Photos from Acapulco/Hurricane Otis Aftermath
The WeatherBrains crew includes your host, James Spann, plus other notable geeks like Troy Kimmel, Bill Murray, Rick Smith, James Aydelott, Jen Narramore, Dr. Neil Jacobs, and Dr. Kim Klockow-McClain. They bring together a wealth of weather knowledge and experience for another fascinating podcast about weather.
All news and articles are copyrighted to the respective authors and/or News Broadcasters. eWeatherNews is an independent Online News Aggregator
Read more from original source here…