WeatherBrains Episode 923 is now online (September 25th, 2023). If you are crazy about weather, this is THE podcast for you!
Tonight’s is a homegrown show that’s all about numerical weather prediction, led by our very own Dr. Neil Jacobs.
Our email officer Jen is continuing to handle the incoming messages from our listeners. Reach us here: email@example.com.
- Difference between numerical models (05:00)
- What is a CAM? (06:45)
- Models and resolution (19:00)
- Difference between predictability and accuracy (29:30)
- Government shutdowns and modeling (38:00)
- UFS (Unified Forecast System) explained (45:45)
- STP composite index and it’s uses (54:00)
- Geopolitics (01:01:00)
- Tropical/hurricane models and the HAFS (01:11:00)
- Models/mesonet data relationship (01:14:30)
- Climate Forecast System and it’s value (01:17:45)
- Dealing with summertime airmass thunderstorms (01:19:30)
- The Astronomy Outlook with Tony Rice (01:28:00)
- This Week in Tornado History With Jen (01:29:10)
- National Weather Round-Up (01:30:15)
- E-Mail Segment (01:
- and more!
Web Sites from Episode 923:
Picks of the Week:
James Aydelott – Alex Spahn on X: Supercell photo near Ada, Oklahoma
Jen Narramore – Foghorn
Rick Smith – Out
Neil Jacobs – Foghorn
Troy Kimmel – Out
Kim Klockow-McClain – Dave Matthews Band “Satellite” Official Video
Bill Murray – Out
James Spann – Trends in U.S. Tornado Damage and Incidence
The WeatherBrains crew includes your host, James Spann, plus other notable geeks like Troy Kimmel, Bill Murray, Rick Smith, James Aydelott, Jen Narramore, Dr. Neil Jacobs, and Dr. Kim Klockow-McClain. They bring together a wealth of weather knowledge and experience for another fascinating podcast about weather.
About the Author (Author Profile)
Scott Martin is an operational meteorologist, professional graphic artist, musician, husband, and father. Not only is Scott a member of the National Weather Association, but he is also the Central Alabama Chapter of the NWA president. Scott is also the co-founder of Racecast Weather, which provides forecasts for many racing series across the USA. He also supplies forecasts for the BassMaster Elite Series events including the BassMaster Classic.
All news and articles are copyrighted to the respective authors and/or News Broadcasters. eWeatherNews is an independent Online News Aggregator
Read more from original source here…