WeatherBrains Episode 917 is now online (August 14th, 2023). If you are crazy about weather, this is THE podcast for you!
Tonight’s Guest WeatherBrain is a meteorologist for Xcel Energy in Denver, CO. He’s also a graduate of Penn State University with a Bachelor’s Degree in meteorology. Andrew Markowitz, thanks for joining us tonight!
Our email officer Jen is continuing to handle the incoming messages from our listeners. Reach us here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Energy meteorology vs traditional meteorology (09:45)
- Maui catastrophe and aftermath (12:00)
- Wind energy short range/near term forecasting (32:00)
- AI/smart grids and the future of the energy sector (35:00)
- Critical sales/knowledge skills in the energy field (41:30)
- Social media and weather communication (47:25)
- Monetization process on TikTok and other social apps (59:30)
- AMS digital meteorologist certification proposal (01:23:10)
- Hurricane season outlook (01:46:20)
- The Astronomy Outlook with Tony Rice (01:35:00)
- This Week in Tornado History With Jen (01:36:51)
- National Weather Round-Up (01:44:40)
- E-Mail Segment (01:38:45)
- and more!
Web Sites from Episode 917:
Picks of the Week:
Andrew Markowitz – Jaw-dropping Midwest MCV radar loop
Jen Narramore – Foghorn
Rick Smith – Out
Neil Jacobs – JCSDA JEDI Skylab 5.0 release
Troy Kimmel – Mariner’s Tropical Cyclone Guide
Bill Murray – Foghorn
The WeatherBrains crew includes your host, James Spann, plus other notable geeks like Troy Kimmel, Bill Murray, Rick Smith, James Aydelott, Jen Narramore, Dr. Neil Jacobs, and Dr. Kim Klockow-McClain. They bring together a wealth of weather knowledge and experience for another fascinating podcast about weather.
About the Author (Author Profile)
Scott Martin is an operational meteorologist, professional graphic artist, musician, husband, and father. Not only is Scott a member of the National Weather Association, but he is also the Central Alabama Chapter of the NWA president. Scott is also the co-founder of Racecast Weather, which provides forecasts for many racing series across the USA. He also supplies forecasts for the BassMaster Elite Series events including the BassMaster Classic.
All news and articles are copyrighted to the respective authors and/or News Broadcasters. eWeatherNews is an independent Online News Aggregator
Read more from original source here…