Here is a rundown of the major winter storm affecting the nation east of the Rockies.
- Purple = ice storm warning (near Mason-Dixon line). If it were me, I’d have an ice storm warning out in parts of Missouri (see below). Power failures are likely.
- Pink = winter storm warning.
- Deep green = winter storm watch.
- Purple = winter weather advisory (lesser condition than a warning).
- Green = flood watch. Remember, “turn around, don’t drown.”
- Yellow = tornado watch. There is a threat of tornadoes farther east later today (see below).
Power Failure Forecast
Yellow areas could have isolated power failures. Orange areas have a good chance of scattered power failures. I believe south parts of the KC Metro could see some power failures.
Tornado Threat Forecast
The orange area has an enhanced chance of tornadoes this afternoon and evening. The yellow area has a significant risk of tornadoes. Please keep up on your local forecasts and warnings.