By: Alabama News Center Staff
Museums across Alabama are taking part in the Blue Star Museums initiative, a program that provides free admission to U.S. military personnel and their families this summer. The 2023 program began on Armed Forces Day, May 20, and will end on Labor Day, Sept. 4.
Vulcan Park & Museum in Birmingham is the latest to announce it will be part of this year’s initiative. Other Alabama museums participating are:
• In Birmingham: McWane Science Center and the Southern Museum of Flight
• In Dothan: Landmark Park/Alabama Agricultural Museum and the Wiregrass Museum of Art
• At Fort Novosel (formerly Fort Rucker): the U.S. Army Aviation Museum
• In Huntsville: U.S. Veterans Memorial Museum
• In Mobile: Mobile Museum of Art and the National Museum of the Gulf of Mexico/GulfQuest
• In Orrville: Old Cahawba Archeological Park
• In Tuscaloosa: Alabama Museum of Natural History and Paul W. Bryant Museum
The Alabama Weather Blog gladly brings you an excerpt of this article through a partnership with the Alabama NewsCenter. You can see the complete post featuring all the associated images, videos, and links by clicking HERE.
About the Author (Author Profile)
Alabama News Center tels the stories of the people and businesses powering the states of Alabama, striving to make Alabama a wonderful place to live and work.
Alabama News Center
All news and articles are copyrighted to the respective authors and/or News Broadcasters. eWeatherNews is an independent Online News Aggregator
Read more from original source here…