The area in purple is under an ice storm warning
and you should prepare now.
Before going further, let’s review the map’s colors and what they mean.
- Purple = ice storm warning
- Pink = winter storm warning
- Dark green = winter storm watch
- Blue = winter weather advisory (lesser condition)
- Pale blue = wind chill advisory
If you are in the ice storm warning, prepare immediately. Not only will travel be dangerous and difficult, power failures are quite possible.
Please consider the following suggestions:
- Go to the ATM and get extra cash. If the power fails, credit card readers will not work.
- Fill your car with fuel for the above reason. Make sure you have power for your chain saw if you have one.
- Get any prescriptions filled immediately.
- Fill your generator if you have one.
- If you decide to purchase a generator, keep it far away from air intakes and do not use it in your garage or indoors. In Hurricane Laura this past summer the majority of deaths were due to carbon monoxide poisoning associated with generators.
I will update on this tomorrow morning.
All news and articles are copyrighted to the respective authors and/or News Broadcasters. eWeatherNews is an independent Online News Aggregator
Read more from original source here…