Derecho Likely in the Southern United States
This morning, we begin with the damaging wind forecast. Power failures and blocked roads due to toppled trees are likely.
Wind gusts above 75 mph are likely in the red and purple areas. Given the extremely wet soils, especially in Arkansas, trees will be easily uprooted.
There is a significant risk of tornadoes in the brown area and an enhanced risk of tornadoes in the yellow area.
There will also be giant hail (>2″) in the western half of the threatened area, including Tulsa, Oklahoma City and Dallas.
It is time to prepare! Recommendations:
- Make sure your phone and computer are charged but unplugged before the thunderstorms arrive because a lightning-induced power surge can damage them.
- Have at least three independent sources of storm warnings.
- If you have friends who live in a mobile home or have issues with getting to shelter, act when the watch is issued, do not wait for the warning.
- Fill your car with fuel and do the same with your chain saw, if you have one.
- Get cash from the ATM — they don’t work during power outages.
- Fill any prescription refills now — before the major storms begin.
I will update again this afternoon.
All news and articles are copyrighted to the respective authors and/or News Broadcasters. eWeatherNews is an independent Online News Aggregator
Read more from original source here…