Know what the beach flag colors mean BEFORE you head to the beach. When you get to the beach, always look for beach warning flags, which are often posted on or near a lifeguard stand.
The list below provides beach flag resources for several northern Gulf Coast beaches in Alabama and Florida. Click the website or social media links next to the beach name to view the current beach flags and beach conditions for that particular beach.
- Pensacola Beach: Website, Facebook
- Okaloosa Island: Website, Facebook
- Navarre Beach: Website, Facebook
- Fort Walton Beach: Website, Facebook
- Destin: Facebook
- Walton County (Miramar, Rosemary, & Seaside beaches): Website, Facebook, Twitter
- Bay County (Laguna, Panama City, & Mexico beaches): Website
- Gulf County (Cape San Blas, Indian Pass, & St. Joe State Park): Facebook
- Franklin County (St. George Island & Julian G. Bruce State Park): Website
Beach Safety Videos
Additional Safety Resources
About the Author (Author Profile)
Scott Martin is an operational meteorologist, professional graphic artist, musician, husband, and father. Not only is Scott a member of the National Weather Association, but he is also the Central Alabama Chapter of the NWA president. Scott is also the co-founder of Racecast Weather, which provides forecasts for many racing series across the USA. He also supplies forecasts for the BassMaster Elite Series events including the BassMaster Classic.
All news and articles are copyrighted to the respective authors and/or News Broadcasters. eWeatherNews is an independent Online News Aggregator
Read more from original source here…