…FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 1015 PM CDT THIS EVENING…
* WHAT…Urban and small stream flooding caused by excessive
rainfall is expected.
* WHERE…A portion of central Alabama, including the following
counties, Calhoun and Cleburne.
* WHEN…Until 1015 PM CDT.
* IMPACTS…Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…
– At 706 PM CDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
thunderstorms. This will cause urban and small stream
flooding. Between 1 and 2 inches of rain have fallen.
– Additional rainfall amounts of 1 to 2 inches are expected
over the area. This additional rain will result in minor
– Some locations that will experience flooding include…
Anniston, Jacksonville, Piedmont, Heflin, Saks, Glencoe,
Weaver, Ohatchee, Fruithurst, Edwardsville, Jacksonville
State University, Alexandria, Mars Hills, Muscadine, Neely
Henry Lake, Southside, Liberty Hill, Coleman Lake And
Campground, Sweetwater Lake and Knightens Crossroads.
Turn around, don’t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
All news and articles are copyrighted to the respective authors and/or News Broadcasters. eWeatherNews is an independent Online News Aggregator
Read more from original source here…