The forecasts continue to indicate excessive rainfall in the already wet Southeast.
Seven Day Forecast
This is the National Weather Service’s official forecast of rainfall for the next seven days. Five inch amounts are widespread over central and western Tennessee and immediately adjacent areas.
The bright blue represents forecasts of more than ten inches of rain over the next 15 days from the European global model.
Given the already wet conditions, there will be flooding and the flooding may be major in some locations.
If you live in a low-lying area or an area prone to flooding, now is the time to begin preparations. Here are some suggestions:
- Put together a “go kit.” This should include items (photo albums and other valuables) that can fit in your car.
- Keep your car in condition to leave on short notice. Make sure it has plenty of fuel.
- Don’t allow prescription medicines to run out.
- Learn where to turn off water and electricity in case you should have to evacuate.
- Make sure school buses do not drive through flooded areas.
I’ll continue to update this situation.
All news and articles are copyrighted to the respective authors and/or News Broadcasters. eWeatherNews is an independent Online News Aggregator
Read more from original source here…