…FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 430 PM CDT THIS AFTERNOON FOR
CENTRAL SHELBY COUNTY…
* WHAT…Urban and small stream flooding caused by excessive
rainfall is expected.
* WHERE…A portion of central Alabama, including the following
* WHEN…Until 430 PM CDT.
* IMPACTS…Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas.
Water over roadways. Ponding of water in urban or other areas is
occurring or is imminent.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…
– At 238 PM CDT, Doppler radar and automated rain gauges
indicated heavy rain. This will cause urban and small stream
flooding. Between 1 and 1.5 inches of rain have fallen.
– Additional rainfall amounts of 0.5 to 1 inch are expected
over the area. This additional rain will result in minor
– Some locations that will experience flooding include…
Alabaster, Pelham, Calera, Chelsea, Montevallo, Vincent,
Westover, Oak Mountain State Park, Highland Lakes, Fowler
Lake, Mount Laurel, Shelby County Airport, Maylene, American
Village, Bounds Lake, Ballantrae, Saddle Lake Farms, Camp
Branch, Saginaw and Siluria.
Turn around, don’t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Be aware of your surroundings and do not drive on flooded roads.
All news and articles are copyrighted to the respective authors and/or News Broadcasters. eWeatherNews is an independent Online News Aggregator
Read more from original source here…