This is a situation where you should call friends and relatives to make sure you they are aware of the threat and have at least two methods of being awakened when warnings are issued.
Now Until 1am
The initial threat (now until midnight) is west of the Mississippi River (Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana). There will be giant hail (>2″), tornadoes and damaging winds from the stronger storms.
1amto 7am Saturday
I’ve added a rare extreme risk (purple) over eastern Mississippi and far western Alabama from 1am to 7am CDT. There is the risk of strong tornadoes during the pre-dawn hours. Later. one or two lines of thunderstorms with damaging winds and, a few tornadoes, will occur.
7am to 4pm Saturday
Damaging winds are possible in the yellow area with a couple tornadoes in the orange area.
Here is the forecast radar for 8pm:
Radar Forecast for 2am:
Overnight tornadoes are extremely dangerous. Please make sure you have a NOAA Weather Radio, WEA activated on your smartphone and an app to awaken you if a tornado warning is issued.
It is time to prepare! Recommendations:
- Make sure your phone and computer are charged but unplugged before the thunderstorms arrive because a lightning-induced power surge can damage them.
- Have at least three independent sources of storm warnings.
- If you have friends who live in a mobile home or have issues with getting to shelter, act when the watch is issued, do not wait for the warning.
- Fill your car with fuel and do the same with your chain saw, if you have one.
- Get cash from the ATM — they don’t work during power outages.
I will update again this afternoon.
All news and articles are copyrighted to the respective authors and/or News Broadcasters. eWeatherNews is an independent Online News Aggregator
Read more from original source here…