By: Shirley Jackson
Alabama’s largest Hispanic heritage festival, Fiesta, takes place at Birmingham’s Linn Park on Saturday, Sept. 30. Enjoy a range of activities all over the park, from live music and storytelling to Mexican-style wrestling exhibitions. Dance presentations, visual arts, cultural education, authentic Latin food, and community and health-related resources are all part of the event.
• Cultural Village: Represents art and culture from more than 20 Caribbean, Latin American and European countries.
• Food Village: Taste the diversity of many Latino cultures.
• Health & Wellness Village: Explore health organizations serving Alabama.
• Community Village: Browse nonprofit organizations serving the community.
• Sponsor Village: Highlights for-profit business supporting Fiesta and the community.
• Stage: Spotlights local and international Latin artists.
Advance tickets are $15. Children ages 12 and younger are admitted free. Donations to the Fiesta scholarship fund are encouraged.
Summit Fitness Fest
The Summit shopping center in Birmingham invites fitness enthusiasts and wellness seekers on Saturday, Sept. 30, to a health?conscious gathering. The event includes energizing workouts, health and wellness vendors, as well as networking and learning opportunities. Space is limited for the workouts, so secure your spot in advance by signing up at thesummitbirmingham.com. Admission is free.
The Alabama Weather Blog gladly brings you an excerpt of this article through a partnership with the Alabama NewsCenter. You can see the complete post featuring all the associated images, videos, and links by clicking HERE.
About the Author (Author Profile)
Alabama News Center tels the stories of the people and businesses powering the states of Alabama, striving to make Alabama a wonderful place to live and work.
Alabama News Center
All news and articles are copyrighted to the respective authors and/or News Broadcasters. eWeatherNews is an independent Online News Aggregator
Read more from original source here…