ANN ARBOR, MI – Police are cautioning drivers to be safe with snow heading into Monday morning, Nov. 11.
Winter weather advisories are in effect for Jackson and Washtenaw counties and surrounding areas until 7 p.m. Monday.
Accumulations of 2 to 5 inches of snow are expected in some areas, according to the National Weather Service.
The Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Office is advising motorists to plan on slippery and hazardous road conditions that could impact both morning and evening commutes.
“Snow will overspread the region early Monday morning and persist through much of the afternoon,” the advisory states.
Temperatures are expected to hang in the upper 20s and low 30s in the morning before gradually dropping in the afternoon.
The advisory for the Jackson County area states the quick arrival of below-freezing temperatures overnight may lead to icy road conditions before daybreak, even if only light accumulations occur by then.
Drivers are advised to slow down, use caution and remember that bridges and overpasses freeze up first.
Current forecast for Ann Arbor:
- Sunday night: A chance of rain and snow before 2 a.m., then snow. Low around 28. North wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday: Snow. High near 31. North-northeast wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around 3 inches.
- Monday night: A chance of snow showers before 1 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Current forecast for Jackson:
- Sunday night: A chance of drizzle before 9 p.m., then a chance of drizzle and snow between 9 p.m. and 11 p.m., then snow likely after 11 p.m. Cloudy, with a low around 28. North wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday: Snow. High near 30. North wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around 4 inches.
- Monday night: 40% chance of snow showers, mainly before 1 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Northwest wind 8 to 14 mph.
Read more from source here…