Snow has resumed overnight in the high mountains. While higher elevations near and along the Tennessee border will be favored for accumulations, some valleys could see a light coating by daybreak today.
Gusty winds will continue, creating wind chills in the 20s during the daytime.
Sunshine returns this afternoon, but clouds will begin to build across areas by evening, ahead of a clipper-like system that will bring a chance of snow back to WNC.
Snow chances will increase over higher elevations tonight, with some valleys seeing snow by Wednesday morning. Accumulations will be greatest near and along the Tennessee border, with light accumulations possible for some valleys.
Be prepared for some icy spots Tuesday & Wednesday across parts of WNC.
Temperatures will remain well below average the next few days.
Tuesday’s highs only reach the lower and middle 40s for many mountain valleys.
Wednesday will be the coldest day with highs only in the 30s once again for many.
Along with the blast of cold will come more wind Wednesday, which means wind chills will be in the 10s and 20s much of the day.
- Today: Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of snow showers early, then mostly sunny. Blustery with highs in the lower 40s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph. Gusts up to 40 mph, decreasing to 30 mph this afternoon. Chance of snow 20 percent.
- Tonight: Mostly cloudy. A chance of snow showers. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch possible. Blustery, cold with lows in the lower 20s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of snow 50 percent.
- Wednesday: Mostly sunny. A chance of snow showers in the morning. Little or no snow accumulation. Blustery with highs in the mid 30s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph. Chance of snow 50 percent.
- Wednesday Night: Mostly clear and blustery, cold with lows in the upper 20s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
- Thursday: Sunny, windy and not as cool with highs in the mid 50s. West winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
- Thursday Night: Mostly clear and breezy. Lows in the upper 30s.
- Friday: Mostly sunny in the morning, then becoming partly sunny. A 50 percent chance of rain. Highs in the mid 50s.
- Friday Night: Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Lows in the mid 30s.
Read more from source here…