Corpus Christi has a long history of flooding.
Projected inclement weather this weekend has impacted several events in the Corpus Christi area, with some being cancelled or postponed.
Below is a list of postponements, closures and cancellations announced thus far. The list will be updated as information comes in:
City of Corpus Christi
- The City of Corpus Christi Emergency Operations Center will be partially activated beginning Thursday night to monitor and take action as needed for potential flooding.
- The Customer Call Center will be on 24-hour operations beginning today until Friday, Sept. 14 at 6 p.m. for flooding related utility services.
- Trash and Recycling will be on normal operations including the J.C. Elliott Collection Center from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on both Friday and Saturday.
- Trash collection for streets that experience flooding should delay set-out until Saturday. If street flooding continues, call the Customer Call Center 826-2489 (CITY) on Monday to schedule a pick-up.
- The Sandbag Saturday event at the Paul Jones Sports Complex, 1901 Paul Jones Avenue, has been cancelled. The public will be notified when it is rescheduled.
- Utilities will maintain 24/7 operations to address service issues, blocked storm drains and emergency utility repairs.
City facility closures
- Senior Centers will be closed.
- Recreation Centers will be closed.
- Gymnasiums and public pools will be closed.
- Public libraries will be closed both Friday and Saturday.
- Doggie Dip cancelled for Saturday, September 15 at West Guth Pool.
- Galvan House closed.
- H-E-B and Al Kruse Tennis Centers closed.
- Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve & Learning Center closed.
Corpus Christi ISD
CCISD will operate on a two-hour weather delay for students, staff, and morning bus routes. Elementary schools will begin at 9:50 a.m. Middle and high schools will begin at 10:50 a.m. Staff are to report to work two hours later than usual, unless instructed otherwise by their supervisor. CCISD will announce further schedule changes if needed.
- CCISD’s Operation K.E.Y.S. Walk, scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 15 at Foy H. Moody High School, has been cancelled.
Conquer the Coast 2018
- This year’s Conquer the Coast cycling event, scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 15, has been cancelled and will not be rescheduled.
More: Corpus Christi weather forecast prompts changes to high school football game schedule
¡Que Bueno! Taco Fest
- The event, scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 15 in downtown Corpus Christi, will be held as scheduled. The festival will be providing covered areas for festival-goers and has changed the cost of the event from $5 to free. The change in cost was due to rainy weather.
More: Everything you need to know about ¡Que Bueno! Taco Fest in Corpus Christi
Art Museum of South Texas
- Dollar After Dark, the museum’s extended evening hours and reduced admission event on Friday has been cancelled. The museum will resume regular business hours on Saturday.
Coastal Bend and Port of Corpus Christi Forum
- The event, scheduled for Friday, Sept. 14, has been cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later date.
POW MIA Ceremony
- The event, scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 15 at Sherrill Park, has been cancelled. It has been rescheduled to coincide with the Gold Star Mothers ceremony on Saturday, Sept. 29 at Sherrill Park.
Texas A&M University-Kingsville
- Campus will be closed Friday, in lieu of the expected weather and possible flooding conditions, university officials said. The campus will reopen on Monday.
- The 2018 Javelina Cross Country Invitational has been cancelled.
City of Kingsville
- Trash Off event scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 15 has been postponed and will be rescheduled for a later date.
- Ribbon cutting for the city’s new Splash Pad at Flores Park scheduled for Sept. 12 was postponed and will be rescheduled at a later date.
- The district’s superintendent has announced school has been cancelled on Friday, Sept. 14 for students and staff.
Flour Bluff ISD
Starting time for all Flour Bluff ISD campuses will be on a two-hour delay Friday, Sept. 14. All bus routes will run two hours later than normal. There is one cancellation: Pre-K a.m. classes at the Early Childhood Center. Pre-K p.m. classes will run as scheduled. Staff is asked to report to work by 8:45 a.m. or as soon as it is safe to do so or as directed by your supervisor.
Diocese of Corpus Christi
Catholic Schools will be closed Friday, Sept. 14 with the exception of Incarnate Word Academy elementary, middle and high school.
Aransas Pass ISD
- Aransas Pass ISD will not hold classes Friday, Sept. 14.
- Alice ISD schools and offices will be closed Friday, Sept. 14.
- School in Riviera ISD has been canceled for Friday, Sept. 14.
- Kingsville ISD schools will be closed Friday, Sept. 14.
West Oso ISD
- West Oso ISD will delay the start of school Friday, Sept. 14, by two hours. Classes at all campuses will begin at 10 a.m. PK-fifth-grade bus students will begin to be picked up at 8:30 a.m. Jr. high and high school bus students will begin to be picked up at 9 a.m. All staff are to report to their campuses or departments at 9:30 a.m.
- Tuloso-Midway ISD will not hold classes Friday, Sept. 14.
Bishop CISD has cancelled school for Friday, Sept. 14.
Read or Share this story: https://callertim.es/2x74zA8
Read more from source here…